Got the rear brake on but it fought me all the way, first the M/C piston was seized solid so i had to drill that out, then one of the caliper pistons was solid, first tried popping it out with air line but to joy, so split the caliper and tried with my piston removal slide-hammer tool jobbie, no chance. Left it in the freezer over night to try and shrink the piston but still no joy.. " src="//storage.proboards.com/forum/images/smiley/superangry.png">
Ended up welding a nut to the inside of the piston then used the slide hammer to finally remove the bugger.
So coat of engine enamel, oven bake, new seal kit from powerhouse and its on, just waiting for a couple of spring hose clips to arrive then i can fit the reservoir..
My mate is free next week to crack on with painting the tank and fairing so today ive been doing abit of prep work for him, on one of the hottest days of the year !!
The fairing had a crack at the end and some previous repair by the bottom mounting point with some fiberglass matting on the inside. The matting was solid so rather that disturb it i just DA sanded the outside, and plastic welded the couple of cracks i found.
Bit more progress, one of the fork legs had some pitting, it probably would have been ok but i wasn't really happy with it, anyway picked up a NOS leg so swapped that over, of course the Allan bolt holding the damper rod in place was rounded off so had to drill that out
Painted the mudguard back to original red rather than the white that was on it.
Got the first bit of bodywork back off my mate, after looking at the slight colour difference between the new pearl white and the original we have decided to paint all the panels, new decals that will be laquered over. The bodyshop my mate works at are using a new lacquer that is 50:50 with hardener so you only get 4 days to polish it once it sets like rock, awesome stuff, glad im not paying for it
It will be a while before its all done as he's doing it as and when he can but i'm in no rush....
Next job is the exhausts, the left hand pipe had a few scratches and some slight damage at the end but i picked up a mint pipe off ebay for £50, well chuffed. Going to light sand them both down and repaint with some PJ1
Today i got the engine and most of the parts fitted ready for a test fire, still waiting for a few bits off norbo to arrive before i rig up a petrol tank with 50:50 premix as per arrow's instructions for bleeding the oil pump...
Bodywork fitted so just about done, just need some mirrors and i might get a new screen, the one on it is a genuine yam screen but got a couple of small cracks, seen that norbo does replica's with the 31k numbers on them so think i'll get one of them.
Next stop, MOT centre
Need a couple of heat cycles then re-torque the head, probably get tooked away then until spring.....