The LC2 front ends are all the same, its only when you get to 85 and the F/N that it changes.
if you tacho is blanked off with a plug, thats a later thing and started in 85, but I dont think even in Japan that was on a 29L engine, thats LC2, not 85-on.
The IAR frame is an F or an N, as i said yours looks not have the brackets, but they could have been cut off, so I suggested it was an N.
The 1985 350 bikes have LC2 pipes with a cut out... have a good read round the rd350lc.net website and here and also read by info on 'why the F1' on my site. you will know a bit more about the 85 models then. You should be able to identify what you have got after another week of good reading I'd think, and you'll be glad you did.
Anyway, the engine and frame I dont think originated together, nor did the forks come with the bike when new. As I said, its a bitsa. But that means you can build what you like. Enjoy!
The brackets not being there is a red herring
Jap frames are different
Euro/UK bikes whether naked or faired f1or2/n1or2 all had the fairing brackets on the naked bike
Jap bikes like this despite being an 84 were available naked and had no brackets
The 86 3HM1 I just bought will have a 29l engine but tacho blanked and even although it's the later bodywork frame it has no fairing brackets
Strange how our n1/2 had the frame with brackets when a bracketless frame was available
Probably goes with the theory that the n1/f1 was a hastily prepared stop gap model
The PV's a a bit muldered at the end's so i'll see if i can do anything with them, the bushes aren't to bad, a few marks on the outer lip but a quick skim in the lathe should clean them up, obviously need new seals
The side casing was a right b*****d to get off, must have used silicon but eventually i got the bugger off, clutch basket looks ok, there's loads of threads broken on the casing so i'll get them welded up and re-tap as well
The crank feels smooth but 1 big end has play so i'll probably take the crank to Grampian for them to asses it
Also dropped the frame and swing arm down to a local engineering firm for blasting so i can then do the repair to the tie bar mount and a couple of threads need re-tapping as well...spot the recurring theme !!!! they also do powder coating, had loads of bits done for my katana, they do a good job at reasonable prices
Picked the frame up from blasting so i can now weld up the tiebar mount and retap a couple of thread then back to them for powder coat but i cant decide whether to stay red or go for black with silver arm, leaning toward black like the original JDM bikes, depends what colour i paint the bike, i like the yellow KR bikes......
Started messing about with the YZF running gear, amazed that the front end bolted straight on using new PV taper head bearings, even the lock stops look ok, using a MT top yoke so i can use fatbars
Obviously the rear isn't as straight forward and i could do with a bit of advice, the arm bolts in, i will need to make up spacers etc and workout which axle bolt i'll use.
The shock bolts up at the top ok and ive mocked up the arm at a downwards angle to account for sag, the lower mount just looks like it needs an extention plate going backward ( or i'll fab a whole new gusset) but it looks like if i go parallel to the old holes i should be somewhere near...
Had a spare day a few weeks ago so got the frame out and did some welding on it and gave it a lick of paint dunno what i'm going to do with the bike yet, either finish building it or might just build it up into a rolling chassis using the YZF parts and sell it on as a project
With the lockdown in place I thought I've have a look at the motor, I've decided to keep the 250 barrels as their the 51L boysen port model. DK's have had a 51L head advertised for ages that I kept looking at, finally made a offer and got it for 70. Waiting for it to arrive now. Cleaned up the crankcase, helicoiled a few threads and built up a couple with jbweld. I'll Give it a coat of engine enamel probably tomorrow. The gearbox gears were a bit rusty with being out of oil for God knows how long but I had a good spare set kicking about, the crank feels ok except 1 bigend has play so it needs a rebuild. On to the barrels, the drain plugs were snapped off and generally looking a bit grim so I drilled em out and helicoiled and built up with Jbweld. I also JB'ed a washer onto the face so hopefully the bolt and copper washer will have a flat surface to seal onto. I'll give them a lick of paint when I do cases...