Had another couple of hours tonight. Tightened all the arse end up and clocks, finished wiring. Jobs left to do before going for exhausts, bleed back brake, fit front brake, make undertray and mk 2 tail tidy. Hopefully have paint back next week so will make mind up on colour of frame/swinger/forks and bars /levers. Pretty sure what I want but just need to see paint on to make sure.
Great work Russ, I'm enjoying watching your progress My X7 was my first "big bike" after passing my test. Absolutely loved that bike. Great to see a hybrid version Looking forward to your next instalment.
EDIT from the description you already have one. You'll want more than 2 tool holders though.
Think there are 2 of those, I've never used or had 1, my retired neighbour is ex Rolls Royce, he put me onto it and is going to help set it up and teach me. I'll get used to it and then in time extend its uses with attachments.
Mk 2 rear manipulated, used my lathe to make some spacers to seat pod better, ready for tigging up by Bri. Undertray next that blends in to it leaving a new toolbox holder where gap is, hopefully big enough to also carry a litre of spare oil.
Getting the hang of the lathe now, made a spacer for the back brake and bleed that. Adapted a bolt on the lathe to convert mito front brake to banjo and fitted that, went for a ride, exhausts were in way of footpegs so faced them up like a truck, don't know how to post video on iPad but it was fun! It now starts, stops and goes, undertray to make still but should sort that this week before it goes off for exhausts making.
whilst it's away having the exhausts made I've had the tyres fitted and pressed the new front bearings in. I've cut the handlebars down and come across a problem with the left hand switchgear, it don't fit with the lever in place (whilst messing I cut the switch off too). So out with the hacksaw, file, sandpaper and spray and it's now drying ready for paint.