Couple of pics of the start of my X7 mongrel, Mito front end, NC24 rear. Frame split to accept swinger and ready for some welding. Like the idea of leaving the whole back wheel on show so going to have both pipes swept up to the left. Lots of fabricating to do, something I've never done but got a good friend on board to help. Got lots to do and think about but I've got a picture in my mind of the finished look I'm after. Hoping to undertake as much work as I can myself, farming out the usual powdercoat, paint etc... The main problem I see at the minute is the difference in the X7 front sprocket to the Honda rear, I've seen this mod on LC's, anyone have any idea's about making them compatible? The teeth on the Honda are the same width but spread wider apart.
Myself and my good friend Bri have done a 12 hour stint today fabricating, here's the progress so far, just the top of the suspension to build and we've got a roller that's too short so a new one being turned up tomorrow
Started stripping engines to get a crank sent off for rebuild too this must have been in the see but the gearbox and output shaft are all good
Was indeed a lot of work with only 2 coffee's and 1 maccy d's inbeteeen! This morning we made a start on the top rear mount but Bri had to go and help a friend remove a focus engine so see if we get an hour tonight to finish the rear.thats it fabbed, just welding to do now then it's done, lots of frame to clean up and lugs to chop but it's almost ready for the powder coat. Another 2 year project that alarmingly seems like it won't be!
Extended dogs to lower suspension to allow fitment of standard oil tank and leave room for battery Fork stripped for new seals. 1st wheel was a 3 spoke so swapped all gubbins to the 6 spoke for a better finished look Brembo should make for better stopping, all just put together for the dry build. Tank off for some worka bit obvious that it's had a hard past life, "Ken" will put it right though.
I have an almost good set of cases where the numbers been chopped off with a chain, hoping to get the numbers from those cases grafted on. Suspension seals now fitted and rear sorted, just waiting for steering stem to come back to get it rolling. Need some rearsets so that the last bit of fab on the frame can be done.